Thursday, December 18, 2008

A sheer crack up!

Last night was a special night at Awana's. Not only did it ring in the 2 week break (yeah!) but the kids (and adults)also dressed down in their PJ's, listened to the Pastor and his wife Laurie read/acted out the Christmas story, and made sheep Christmas tree ornaments.

Back story: I help the 1st graders. Austin is in 2nd grade. Two types of yarn choices - one fluffy and one not. In my opinion, the fluffy one was WAY cuter. So, using my leader connection skills, I make sure that Austin gets some of the fluffy yarn for his sheep. I feel like I'm watching out for my kid and being a good parent by hooking him up with the starts of a great sheep...

So, fast forward through the night...It was a crazy night, but the kids all seemed to have fun. (Leaders - not so much). We are getting ready to leave and Austin is showing off his sheep to me. (which by the way he named Candy because I guess they both like sweets) He cut off almost all the yarn....basically sheering the sheep in a way. When I asked him why he cut it off, he simply said, "it was too fluffy." So cracked me up. Here, I think I'm looking out for the little guy when I should have just let him pick the yarn himself. Ok, I know in the picture, the sheep looks fluffy, but it was supposed to be TWICE (maybe even three times) that size with yarn.
Still, little Ms. Candy Sheep (i think its a girl) is pretty darn cute and will proudly be displayed annually at our house.

No comments: