Friday, September 12, 2008

Hi, my name is Julie and I'm an addict...

Yes, that's right folks. I'm admitting it to the public. I've let a few close friends know the secret but now feel like I should announce it to my blogisphere. I'm addicted to the Twilight Saga.




They are just sooooo good. Stephenie Meyer is a great author and really draws you into the story. I started the final book, "Breaking Dawn," this past weekend. I'm really going to TRY and savor reading this one for the simple fact that I'm not 100% sure I can handle NOT having any new installments into the world of Bella and Edward. Its sad to say that I feel like these characters have turned into my friends. They just don't realize it since they never actually invited me to join in their adventures. So instead, I'll just live vicariously through their story. Yes, I know it is fiction. Yes, I know that vampires do not exist. Now ask if I care?

I'm driving my family, my co-workers, and my friends nuts! Thankfully, my dear husband is somewhat accommodating to my randomness as I ask questions about his adoration for me. Here was our conversation last night...

Me: Honey, would you protect me if a wolf was about to attack me?

Michael: What?

Me: You know, if a a wild wolf was going to attack. Would you try to save me?

Michael: (Brief Pause)....Sure, if a crazy werewolf was attacking us in our home, which is where we would be since we never leave the house, then yes, I would try to protect you.

His answer made me laugh so hard.

So anyway - read the books. They are that good. And after you read them, write your Congressmen to make it a law that Stephenie Meyer MUST keep writing about their lives. It really should be part of the Constitution. If not for the simple entertainment value of her books, then for the sanity of her devoted readers like myself. Does anyone know how to start a petition?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I laughed so hard I am crying...it definetly needs to be passed and no I don't know how to start the petition but I will sign it!

Unknown said...

Haha! That's so funny! :) I'm certainly glad you enjoyed them as much as Jamie and I did. Oh...Edward and Bella (long, thoughtful sigh) what will we do without our daily dose?

Jill Garrison said...

i'll sign the petition!

read the draft!!! you'll love edward even more!

About Us said...

Never read the books, but I will sign a petition....