Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I 'heart' Norah Jones

As I sit here, Norah Jones is playing in the background. Its melodic, gentle, folkish, and simply lovely. I have visions of being in the country in the fall, sipping sweet tea, sitting in a rocking chair on a wrap around porch. Now, I don't even really like the country THAT much - but her song, "Seven Years," just takes me away to that spot that sounds so peaceful. Probably because its on her album "Come Away With Me." Ya, that kinda makes sense.



Anyway, if her music is what country living feels like, I'm all for it. There is just a relaxing, simplistic way the songs flow. No worries about the right clothes to wear, how to wear my hair, and no need for makeup. All too often I get so caught up in the day to day happenings that seem so far from what God intended. Now, I understand that country living can be really difficult, but in my dream world right now it doesn't include a ton of land to take care of or animals to feed. MY country living includes a two story house that is still modest in size (making it easier to clean)...


...with the smell of honeysuckle that blows in the wind and sheets drying on a line outside. A place where you can stop and just enjoy the simple things that God created instead of worrying about randomness of work or what show to watch tonight.


Now - this world sounds wonderful and I know it isn't my reality. It could be, but my stupid worldly desires get in the way. What...give up my Cable, my Internet, my makeup? I NEED those things. But, I really don't. Its all those things that chain us to our sin. Its all those things that one day will be thrown out the door as Christ returns. I have such the urge to just forgo the things of this world all together, but would my kids really understand WHY? And besides...that world wouldn't probably include an iPod and that's where my Norah Jones is currently anyway....and that world CAN'T exist without her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Norah Jones. Every time I hear one of her songs I just have to stop what I am doing and listen. They are so peaceful and soothing. I need to get out my CD now. :)