Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another confession...

Ok...my Ipod is full of different music genres. I don't like to be cornered into one specific type of music being my favorite. Last week, I constantly listened to James Taylor and this week I'm in the mood for a more pop/rock sound. I think the weather often affects my music needs (or is it effects...one of the hardest grammatical rules to remember...). My husband has opened my ears to a few classic rock bands as well (Boston is now a favorite at work and I already loved Steve Miller Band thanks to my father)

So, I bet you are wondering what my confession is....I can't believe I'm telling you all this...but I soooooooo love Britney Spears new song Womanizer....so much so that I'm thinking about giving her my money. The hard part about this confession is that I don't want my kids to look to her as a role model. She is jacked up in the head and hopefully getting her life back together (she must be doing something right since she has this cool song out, right?). I read all the gossipy junk about how she went psycho and I was thoroughly disappointed when she decided that no hair was a better look for her. Not many people can really pull that look off. Then, she didn't even OWN the look - just covered it up with stupid pink wigs. Ok...yes...I'm aware that I know WAY too much about Ms. Spears. Oh, and one more thing, I can't believe she actually got an MTV Music Video Award for video "Piece of Me". That has to be the worst video she has ever done! (Totally left me dumbfounded). I guess I could use her story to show my kids how to overcome adversity....I just prefer them to keep their clothes on and avoid the pitfalls of Hollywood. I'm sure I can put a spin on it somehow...

I guess I should just say "Get behind me Satan" and not let Britney enter my Ipod...but it's got such a good beat. I should probably mention that I also love Pink's new song "So What" too.

Please don't judge me....

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I LOVE Pinks new song too!!!!! I haven't heard this one yet...I may go listen :)

Lindsay said...

Julie, I just love your stories! I miss working with you and getting to hear about this stuff. I'm glad I found you on here and I can keep up with your crazy self!