Friday, October 31, 2008

Playing Dress Up

Today is Halloween (just in case you didn't get the memo). Although its not my favorite holiday by any means, I do have fun dressing Austin up and even doing a bit of dress up myself! I try to not take the "holiday" too seriously, but at the same time, I'm not sure I completely understand the reason for celebrating the dead. So, instead, the day is an excuse to have silly costumes and enjoy horribly yummy candy. Come to think of it, this whole "fun size" candy bars are really just a joke. Its like the candy companies are just teasing us with their bite size yumminess.

So this year I have two Halloween stories both packed full of fun times for all!


FIRST HALLOWEEN EVENT (kid related)
From a few posts back, I mentioned how Austin now loves Star Wars. So, when we saw the Darth Vader costumes at Wally World, it was a no brainer on what the little man would pick. Although his costume was a bit restrictive (aka tight), Austin still loved it to pieces.



Last night the family went to the city wide Halloween carnival. Tons of games, candy, and fun were had by most kids. I'm not 100% sure the parents can say the same.



Honestly, I think the kiddos had more fun after the event just by goofing off for the camera. Such hams, I tell ya!



This was our first time attending the event and might very well be our last. Long lines, so-so games, and random candy filled the evening. There were a couple booths (such as our church's moon jump) which were a huge hit, but overall I would much rather have our normal church Fall Festival back. We can always hope for next year!


SECOND HALLOWEEN EVENT (work related)
I don't think I've ever blogged about my job. (Not that there is a ton to blog about.)

I work...at a bank. No, I don't save lives, make millions of dollars, nor teach the children of our future....I....bank. I can balance a mean check register and know the difference between a debit and credit. I am down with the banker lingo.

My mother's favorite banker term is "the work." Yes, it is a technical term.

Anyway, I enjoy my job and love those with whom I work. This year, the powers that be said we could dress up for Halloween. Oh what fun! I figure, any excuse to wear sweats and sneakers to work is a great thing. Remember, the only time I even get to wear jeans on a Friday is when I'm paying $5 for a fundraiser event. So this was a huge treat! All the girls in my area agreed to wear costumes. Honestly, we always have fabulous intentions but often little follow through when it comes to participation. Thankfully, we all actually dressed up! I went the cheap route (not in a hooker kind of way...I know some of you went there!) and made my costume. Here is the final product. Don't I look cute!?! Yes, I'm a puppy with tail and everything.



As you can see, my coworkers had as much fun as I did with this whole dress up thing. The only drawback is that my head really started hurting by the end of the day. Pigtails really take a tole on one's noggin!

Ohhhh, and the BESTEST part of the whole day, you ask? Michael showed up with McD's breakfast for me this morning and was also in costume.



I was so caught off guard with his get up that I burst out hysterically laughing...tears and all. He said the rocker hair would be great for our Guitar Hero game. Silly silly hubby. He is just so darn cute!! Best part is that his attire totally blended in with the rest of wacky bank costumes.

Fun times...fun times!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You looked sooo cute!!! :)