Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Creativity can't wait til I'm 70!

I love being creative. This does not mean that I’m ALWAYS creative, but I do enjoy using that area of my brain. The idea of using paper or fabric or paint to create an idea just seems like too much fun. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time to be Super Creative Woman and can’t scratch my creativity itches all at once. Here is my list of activities I wish I knew how to do/ had time for.

Card making

I already scrapbook but I love the whole card making idea. I don’t send out cards enough and maybe this would help me. Hopefully, I’ll be able to make Christmas cards this year. I should include stamping in this category too. I’m totally getting into it…well…I enjoy looking through magazines and websites on the subject and get tons of ideas. I’m just not using any of those ideas at the moment.

Knitting/Crocheting

I know there is a difference between these two activities but I don’t know all the details. I want to make beautiful scarves that are soft and fluffy and everyone oohs and ahhs over them! Michael’s mom can do both, and I keep putting a little birdie in her ear to remind her that she wants to teach me!

Photography

I want to shoot awesome pictures like the pros. I want to know what they mean by changing shutter speed and exposure. I want my subject to pop out with a blurry background.

Decorating
I love decorating but my house is complete…well…pretty much complete. So friends, if you need help decorating and want a shopping buddy, just give me a call.

Sewing

I have no idea how to even use a sewing machine but soooo want to know! I want to make my own curtains and pillows and duvet covers. I don’t even have a duvet to cover, but I would buy one if it means that I get to sew a pretty cover for it!

Painting
I’ve always wanted to take an oil painting class. I used to sooo love watching Bob Ross paint happy trees on Saturday mornings.



I know…I was a strange child. (I also loved James Bond movies and Kung Fu Theatre!)

Anyway, so there are a few of my creative desires. I would like to tackle all of them at some point in my life, but most will just have to be put on the back burner until I’m 70 with blue hair and too much time on my hands. I’ll be feisty at 70 too…one of those seniors who says whatever they want only because they are old and know they can get away with it!

In all reality, by the time I'm 70...well maybe 80, I'll be in Florida with a straw hat, painted on eyebrows, and just enjoy the sun all while complaining about how hot it is and will probably forget about all my creative ideas!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh gosh that was hilarious when I got to Florida!! So funny!

Anonymous said...

ha ha. Happy little trees. My grandma used to watch that guy. It still makes me laugh to think about it. :)