Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wii ROCK!

Our family purchased a Wii earlier this year. The rest of my extended family had one (ok, just my mom and brother), and we made numerous excuses to hang out at their homes in order to play the Wii. Oh so much fun!! Honestly, I'm not a big fan of countess number of video games and just staring mindless at a TV, but the Wii is different.

We play games as a family and in the process spend some fun times together. Many games call you to get on your feet and move around. No other gaming system, that I know of, does this.

One of the first games we bought was Guitar Hero 3. After playing it at my mom's, we were hooked! Shelby and I have both mastered the art of pushing buttons and are able to play most songs on Expert. So ya, we rock. Michael can play on Hard (and I think a few songs on Expert). Austin wasn't the biggest fan of this game at first. I think his fingers were a bit small to move over the buttons in a timely fashion. With a little practice, he is now a total rocker!

Anyway, so all of that is my back story. Here is the real blog...

We have Guitar Hero World Tour!! With drums, a rad guitar, and a microphone. Oh so fun!! The game was released at midnight on Oct 26. (yes, we preordered our copy!) Michael and Shelby were especially excited about this game and decided to wake up at 11:40 PM in order to make the grand release at Game Stop. (yes, I thought it was a bit crazy).

I figured that if they are getting up they should AT LEAST take some pictures for me so I can blog about it. Although Shelby refused to take any pictures in the store, she was ok with taking them away from the public eye.

So here is my storyboard from Michael and Shelby's rockin' good time!

Like I said, they left in the middle of the night (well, it was almost midnight, so for some that could be considered early evening).

Here they are getting ready to leave on their adventure. Michael was so tired that he couldn't even get himself totally in the picture while Shelby can't even keep her eyes open (but still giddy with excitement over the new game)!



On the way to Game Stop, Michael's mood started to pick up. I have a feeling he was feeling like a kid at heart right about now.



Yeah! They arrive and of course they are early.



The store won't open for another 7 minutes. Michael said the guy inside was almost taunting those waiting (all 10-15 of them, which in Ponca City America is quite a mob).



I think Michael may have been drooling with excitement in this picture. Here he is loading the game into the car. Shelby is doing so well with the play by play pictures. Too bad we don't have one of the actual purchase...I know you all are sad about that...



And...finally home sweet home! Our brand new baby has arrived.



Michael and Shelby stayed up 'til about 1AM getting the game set up and "testing" it to make sure everything worked. The testing was very scientific too seeing as they needed to play at least 5 or 6 songs.

So now our house is full of evening "jam" sessions and I must say...Guitar Hero World Tour totally rocks. (and kicks Rock Band's tail)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I still like my rock band...:)

The Stumps said...

Ha! So funny. I felt like I was totally there with the scene by scene pictures.