Thursday, November 13, 2008

Real men go to plays.

Plays, musicals, and concerts. Michael and I love them all.

We've seen several Ponca Playhouse productions over the years and a few Off-Broadway shows in the City (FYI - For those not from Oklahoma, the "City" means Oklahoma City). Its "our" thing, and we both get excited about any opportunity that comes our way to see a new show.

I read in the local paper about a new play that the Playhouse was presenting and had every intention of talking to Michael about going....but...with a crazy work week, I plum forgot. Well, thankfully my awesome mama called on Tuesday and asked if we would like to use her tickets since she and my step-dad (Vic) wouldn't be able to go. Michael didn't need much persuading, and we snatched those tickets up quick!

The play was Steel Magnolia's (like the movie), and I just knew it would be a treat to watch a play version of a movie that I truly enjoyed.



So, tonight was the night. We picked up our tickets,



found our seats, and enjoyed a sweet story about 6 ladies hanging out in a beauty shop. And I didn't mind once that we were missing Grey's tonight.

(we look exhausted in this pic but still had a great evening)



Too much fun!

No comments: