Saturday, November 29, 2008

Please make my dream come true...

Dear Mr. President (or whomever else can make this happen),

I have a suggestion...a little request that would make my holiday season complete...

Could you change Black Friday into a Federal Holiday??? PLEASSSEEE?? Either that or make Thanksgiving on a Friday? I'll even give up Columbus Day if it means I can have Friday off!

You see, I just feel like my time would be better spent shopping for some great bargains and actually stimulating the economy instead of sitting at my desk and waiting on a small handful of customers. People don't think about doing banking business that day anyway. I know there is that silly Federal law that won't allow banks to be closed 4 days in a row, but really, is that even necessary now a days? With all the technology advancements in the world today, people are still able to access their money. I know they can't make deposits, but that's just a minor detail really. Think of all the money that would be saved/spent if bank employees could have that day off....its mind boggling really.

So anyway, I'm sending you this letter with a hopeful heart that you will hear my plea and change the law.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Julie Nephew, banker extraordinaire

No comments: