Monday, November 10, 2008

Will my feet fall off?

Boots. I have a fantastic pair of purply red boots. They are maroon in color but I just don't think that name does them justice in the description dept. So, instead they are purply red.


I've had these awesome boots for years but only worn them a handful of times. Purply red is a difficult color to match up with an ensemble. I honestly can't remember the last time these boots touched actual feet unless they were just scooted to the side of the closet to make room for other cute shoes...that is until today...

I started the day off wearing some black ballet slippers with black pants (always black pants) a maroon colored top and black cardigan. Well, its a icky fall day with drizzle rain and wind. When I got to work, the rain wasn't too bad and I made it into my warm office without a problem. BUT, by lunchtime the parking lot had puddles everywhere.

Come to find out, I'm really good at stepping in all of them. Especially big puddles that my pant cuffs somehow fling up so the rest of my pant leg gets wet too. Its an amazing talent really. One that is more innate then taught.

So after chillin' at home and eating some leftovers, I decided that my soggy feet needed a lift from the puddles and realized that today's outfit would work great with my purply red boots. YEAH! Well, not so much - I have never tried to "suck in" my feet before but that's exactly what it felt like when I crammed my feet into these lovely boots. These babies fit fine when I bought them....its not like my feet size fluctuates THAT much.

Do they make spanx for feet??

So, after a bit of prayer and sweat and groaning, my feet were in the stupid boots. Now came the hard part - zipping them up. Oh my goodness that was like trying to get a size 2 in a size 12. But again, by the grace of God my prayers were answered and those horrible boots zipped up. Unfortunately, this whole ordeal caused my tardiness at work.

So now, moving on 2 hours....my feet are numb...throbbing numb. See, you would think the fact that the horrendous boots did not want to be wrapped around my feet today would be enough to make me change shoes, but noooo. So if that's not reason enough then at least the fact that today is an extremely busy day at work where I am up and down constantly having to walk around the bank - you would THINK that might make me rethink my shoe attire choices. Again, nope! I'm still wearing those stupid things.

I'm learning though that as long as I keep my feet straight in front of me and don't wiggle my toes much then I'm good. Not too uncomfortable and just a slight numbing feeling.

So, my feet aren't going to fall off from lack circulation, right???

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Where's the picture?

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have the perfect excuse for a nice foot massage. And yes, pictures, pictures!

Julie Nephew said...

ok ok - i've got pictures now! i don't think the pics do them justice.