Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ugly Shirt Day

Today is Ugly Shirt Day. Every Wednesday is Ugly Shirt Day at church. Although it isn't an official spectacle of ugly shirt wearing, if you are a leader with Awana's, then you get an ugly shirt.

My ugly shirt is red with a black collar. Because I'm a rebel, I don't always wear it. Even though its the leader's official uniform for Awana's, some evenings are just a bit too rushed to get that ugly thing on, while other evenings, its just not clean. (oh, darn)

I enjoy helping with Awana's. If you don't know what the group is, just google it. Its a lot of fun to see these kids learn so many Bible verses and recite them without a problem. So cool. I started helping 3 years ago when Austin was in his first year of Sparks. So, I've had the "pleasure" of wearing this shirt for quite a while now.

I added flair to the ugly shirt, hoping it would jazz it up a bit. Although, I feel better with my pieces of flair, it still doesn't help in the ugliness factor. Whoever designed this shirt, did not have fashion in mind.

So tonight, I wear my ugly shirt...proudly...well...maybe not so proudly, but I'm wearing it at least.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Tonight? uh huh...:)