Saturday, November 22, 2008

So what if the median age was 15?

I officially felt old last night...



Julie, Jamie and myself went to see Twilight the movie last night.



Although the 7 boys in the theatre were officially the minority, a close second was anyone over the age of 17, and we totally fell into that category. We got there early in order to ensure a good seat. So, my dinner consisted of a large popcorn with butter and large diet dr. pepper.



I was set!

After reading the Twilight series, I've been pumped to see the movie. I went into it knowing that it wouldn't be as good as the book. And, I was right. Overall, I enjoyed it, but it was terribly difficult not to compare it to the book throughout each scene. Something would happen in the movie that was a bit off. I kept noticing all the small inconsistancies. Most of the differences didn't matter much.

One big complaint is that I don't feel the relationship between Edward and Bella was developed enough. For those who hadn't read the book and were watching the movie, I just don't think they would be able to see the extent of their love for eachother.

Another thing that I missed was hearing Bella's thoughts. In the book, Bella's thoughts guide you through the story; it clues you into the depth of her selflessness and love for Edward. If they had just had her narrate a little here and there, I think it would have made a big difference.



Still, it was great to see the awesome book up on the big screen. I can't wait for the next one!!

No comments: