Thursday, November 6, 2008

Days of Old

This evening I was totally at a loss about what to blog about. Michael started giving me tons of ideas about my clock collection, fake flowers, and even about Oceans 13 (the movie we watched tonight) Unfortunately, none of those really inspired me. So, I started searching through pictures saved on my computer....and I got inspired by of all people...my brother Jeff.









(ya, I was a cute kid!)

I kinda have a pretty cool brother. He is funny (but probably not as funny as me), extremely smart (ya, he is smarter than me), a great dad (I even used to call him my 2nd father), and just all around cool guy. I don't think he reads my blog, otherwise I probably wouldn't admit all of this in writing.

Growing up we didn't always get along, but I still wanted to hang out with him and his friends. (yes, he found this extremely annoying) He was my big brother, and I just knew that his friends probably thought I was cool like them.

As we got older and went on to college, he really took on the role of leading me in the right directions. He found me a roomie for my freshman year of college, showed me what classes to take (and even went with me to enroll), and told me that I WAS getting involved at the BSU (Baptist Student Union). Ya, he was kinda bossy, but only because he cared. I made amazing friends at the BSU while also growing in my relationship with the Lord; I learned a TON about communication from my roomie that year, and I had a manageable class load that allowed me to not feel too overwhelmed my first semester of college.



After our dad passed away, Jeff took on an even greater leadership role in my life. It was easy for him since he liked to tell me what to do anyway. He sees things very black and white. (haha - black and white like our outfits at our weddings)





His opinion was a huge deciding factor for me moving back to Ponca City America. The coolest part is that God's hand was over the situation the entire time. By moving to Ponca, I was able to spend some much needed time with my mother, save money to buy a house, and eventually found the love of my life. No, those things didn't happen because of my brother, but his guidance and love were used by God to help move me in the right direction.

So ya, I kinda have a pretty cool brother. (Even if he still calls me butthead.)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I go from laughing so hard at Jaspers blog to crying from your blog. That was sooo sweet! I am so emailing him your blog website! ;o

Anonymous said...

Aww...that made me tear up. What a wonderful big brother you have!